How to edit / replace contracts?

Hi,

I’ve just tested the creation of a contract and want to add real data to it.

How can I do it? What do you suggest on handling private keys? Am I expected to put it there in clear text making it available to anyone who might gain access to my access to my inheriti account?

I also would like to use my Ledger instead of the comet wallet, can I do that?

Thank you for answering!
Mario

Dear Mario,

The Inheritable Data field is something that is not goin to our backend, the only data stored on our servers and attached to your SafeID account are the

• Plan Name
  • Plan Description
  • Plan Notes
  • The Merge Authority
  • The Contents of the Activation Methods (DMS)

All the other stuff is handled client & blockchain side and is never shared with anyone, it does not leave your Computer/Device/Browser.
The only thing that you have to keep in mind is, like with all critical data management platforms) to keep your own device/OS secure with an Anti virus/anti key logger tools as we don’t have any control on that. Inheriti CE is decentralised, data is splitted and stored via Javascripts (browser/client) to the blockchain and on safekeys… non of those shares goes at any time on our servers. We have security audits that already have proven that and these rapports will be made public soon.
We have released as small reminder post : Security Guidelines & User Privacy Whilst Using Inheriti Community Edition (Inheriti CE) that can be read Here

Concerning the Ledger question, are you asking to use your Ledger to sign transactions on the Blockchain or to export your private key?

• Using Ledger to sign blockchain transactions : we will certainly integrate this once we have intergrated al the features that we already announced before
  • Using Leger to export your PK towards Inheriti splitting process, this is not going to be the case as Ledger is a cold storage device and by definition it’s not mean to reveal your Private Keys.

I hope this answers your question Mario.

Jürgen

1 Like

Thanks a lot for clarifying how the data is handled. As I understand my SafeID needs to be as secure as possible because everything is accessible in clear text when I login with it but nothing is stored or communicated to inheriti.

What about changing/replacing contracts? I did create a contract for testing purpose to see how this works but I don’t see an option to add information?

Thank you,
Mario

In the Community Edition each plan has a lifetime validity so if you need to add information the best is to make a second plan or the third and so on.
the current SafeKey should be able to store 50+ Protection plans, this will increase even more with our SafeKey NG that will be able to order at the end of this quarter Q1-2021.

1 Like

This means that I can not recover the 10.000 SHA for my test and I can not re-use them by modifying the plan?

Also this means, when information is outdated all parties involved in the contract will be informed about the outdated information once the contract is executed?

Are there any plans to be able to update the information in the contract? My life is changing all the time and the information required will change and maybe the contact details of my family circle will change as well.

Cheers,
Mario

Mario,

Concerning the 10.000 SHA, we can refund you this no worries… and are aware that cetain people want to test this upfront, that’s why we are going to release our TESTNET Inheriti CE Playground, more info about that soon.

You have to know that we are not aware of the contents of your data, you hold the private key on your safekey in order to decrypt the shares on the blockchain. we don’t know when you change something. That’s the “downside” of decentralisation, Inheriti CE is not a custodian service. More flexiblity will be introduced in the SE/BE solutions.

I hope this helps you better understand the concept behind my answer.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

1 Like

Hello Jürgen,

I understand that you do not hold any of the data, but still I expect inheriti as application to be able to update my contract or disable it when authorized. To update the encrypted information stored in my contract like I can add the ability to any smart contract.

I am looking forward to the SE/BE Solutions. If you could refund the 10.000 SHA in the meantime I would be happy to try again in the future.

Thank you,
Mario

Hello Jürgen,

Do you need my address to refund the SHA or can you find it using my account?

Thank you,
Mario

Hey Mario,

Please send an email to [email protected] so we can do this, just add this ask Inheriti ID in your mail (64) and say you talked with me.

Regards,

Jürgen

1 Like

wHAT IS THE STATUS OF TESTNET Inheriti CE Playground. As I need to test the format before actually committing.

Hello,

Can you please elaborate a bit more your question, Inheriti CE playground is open festing if this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Thx Jurgen, somehow I am missing the link??? I’m very interested in exploring this option.

Hi,

On https://inheriti.com you need to click on the “create a protection plan” button, then w option box will apear that gives you the choice to main en testnet. in the footer you will be able to request access to our CE playground, which is bascily sending a mail request to us, in order to whitelist your login, to access the testnet.